A Matter of Balance is an evidence based program that educates and supports aging adults around falling, and the fear of falling, with emphasis on group discussion and practical strategies to reduce fall factors. Topics such as viewing falls as controllable, setting realistic goals for increasing physical activity and modifying our environments set the stage for creating a personal plan to address mitigating fall risk.
SeniorCare will hold an evidence-based course every Wednesday from July 29 to September 7, 2022, 9:30am-11:30am, at the Ipswich Council on Aging, located at 25 Green Street in Ipswich. For information or to register, please contact Linda Baker at SeniorCare at 978-281-1750 ext. 527 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants learn to
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce the risk of falling
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend
- Anyone concerned about falls
- Anyone who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength