- You care for an adult aged 60 or over
- You care for an adult of any age with Alzheimer’s
- You are 55 or older and caring for a grandchild or young relative under the age of 18, or a disabled person between 18-59.
- Access assistance to caregivers to facilitate obtaining services and resources available within their communities
- Counseling for caregivers to assist them in making decisions, assessing the merits of various options, and solving problems related to their caregiver roles
- Support groups with a focus on peer support, education and training to reduce stress and develop coping skills
- Provide community presentations on relevant caregiver issues (for example caring for an Alzheimer’s loved one)
- Workshops (The Savvy Caregiver, Powerful Tools for Caregivers) to provide caregivers with knowledge and tools for caring for their loved one.
There are no income eligibility requirements to participate in the Family Caregiver Support program.