Mar 13, 2020
Dear Community Partners,
I wanted to update you (ie. Nine community catchment area Police, Fire, Departments of Health, Town Administrators and Mayors) on the preparations that SeniorCare has made to date and to ensure that you have our contact information. Over the past several weeks, we have revised our Continuity of Operations (COOP) plan, been in frequent contact with the Executive Office of Elder Affairs, MA Health and our MA HC Association.
Some of the more significant steps we have taken include:
- Checking the DPH and CDC on a daily basis.
- Established an Incident Management Team which meets daily for updates, new things that need to be implemented, and follow-up on prior steps.
- Established screening procedures for our direct service staff and volunteers to use prior to any home-visits or direct contact with an elder or adult with disabilities.
- Next week we will be implementing our tele-commuting procedures for applicable staff to work from home.
- Educated our staff on universal precautions and emphasized to stay home if sick
- Established that our cleaning company is able to respond with deep cleaning/sanitizing if our office needs to be closed.
- Our Home Care Department is contacting all Level 1 & 2, determining their status, and reviewing their back-up plans if our Provider network can’t provide the in home care authorized.
- Ordered additional supplies including gloves and sanitizers for our Meals on Wheels drivers and office staff.
- Identified high risk nutrition consumers and ordered additional shelf staple emergency meals as well as frozen meals.
- Have worked closely with our IT Provider who will play a critical role in ensuring that our IT needs are met and modified as needed.
- Increased our conference call in service volume to 100 callers.
There will be new steps taken next week as indicated based on new information. We have a table top COOP planned for next Wednesday with the scenario being that 40% staff absence including both SeniorCare staff and our Provider staff (ie. Homemakers, personal care workers, home health aides, etc….).
We encourage open lines of communication to SeniorCare and will also communicate information to you folks as needed. Please feel free to reach out to us as needed and we will do the same.
Ceo, SeniorCare Inc.